Deltona Garden Club
🌼 Mission Statement 🌼
To further the education of members and the public in the fields of horticulture and landscape design; to support environmental and sustainable conservation practices; and to promote an interest in floral design art, nature studies and civic beautification.
- Sour Mulch: How to Avoid It, or Fix the Problemby #DeltonaGardensHealthy mulch should have an earthy, pleasant aroma. If it smells sour, vinegary, or like alcohol, it’s a sign that the mulch has … Continue reading “Sour Mulch: How to Avoid It, or Fix the Problem”
- Aji Dulce Pepperby #DeltonaGardensIf you’re looking for a flavor-packed, very mild spice pepper, Aji Dulce might be just for you! Aji Dulce pepper as the same … Continue reading “Aji Dulce Pepper”
- Lyonia Wildlife Festival Photos 2/11/2023by #DeltonaGardens
- Yard of the Year 2022by #DeltonaGardensCongratulations Barry! Thank you for sharing your yard and talent with the community. You are an inspiration.
- Bacterial Leaf Spotby #DeltonaGardensThe Signs of Bacterial Leaf Spot The problem with bacterial leaf spot is that it shows up on plants in many different ways, … Continue reading “Bacterial Leaf Spot”
- One of the Oldest Trees in the Worldby #DeltonaGardensIn honor of The Senator, we named our massive Stag-horn Fern for the Old Cypress. Read on …. Although humanity is destroying the planet … Continue reading “One of the Oldest Trees in the World”
- Boat-tailed Grackle(Quiscalus major)by #DeltonaGardensMigration Year-round resident. Most individuals spend their lives within about 10 miles of their birthplace. The longest recorded movement comes from a second-year … Continue reading “Boat-tailed Grackle(Quiscalus major)”
- Seed Terminologyby #DeltonaGardensCommon Seed Catalog Definitions Open-pollinated. Open-pollinated seeds are those that have been collected from plants that have undergone pollination from natural sources such … Continue reading “Seed Terminology”
- Bee Balmby #DeltonaGardensSpotted Bee Balm – Monarda Punctata (100% Heirloom/Non-Hybrid/Non-GMO) If you have an area of yard you would like to shield for a bit … Continue reading “Bee Balm”
- Blanket Flowers Increase Arthropod Predators and Pollinators in Citrus Groves – Citrus Industry Magazineby #DeltonaGardensWhile many arthropod predator and pollinator activities benefit crop quality and yields, traditional farming environments may not be ideal… — Read on citrusindustry.net/2023/01/09/blanket-flowers-increase-arthropod-predators-and-pollinators-in-citrus-groves/