- Leaf of Life -Medicinalby #DeltonaGardensLeaf of Life -Here Are 46 Amazing Health Benefits Of The Leaf Of Life Plant Treats Kidney stones – In case of kidney stones, give … Continue reading “Leaf of Life -Medicinal”
- How to Grow Turk’s Cap Flowers (Malvaviscus arboreus), Explainedby #DeltonaGardensBy Jennifer Poindexter Do you need a beautiful, unique, but low-maintenance shrub for your home? If so, you’ll be hard pressed to find a plant … Continue reading “How to Grow Turk’s Cap Flowers (Malvaviscus arboreus), Explained”
- Fall/Winter Harvest Seed Bankby #DeltonaGardensThe Fall/Winter Harvest Seed Bank includes a collection of all the seeds you need to grow your favorite fall and winter crops. These seeds thrive … Continue reading “Fall/Winter Harvest Seed Bank”
- Fall Vegetables for 9bby #DeltonaGardensMany of you expressed interest in setting up and growing a vegetable garden this summer. Most of the vegetables do not like extreme heat. I … Continue reading “Fall Vegetables for 9b”
- Garden Zonesby #DeltonaGardensGuide to The Different Gardening Zones Plants grow best in specific locations due to the temperature and climate that they can tolerate. Across the country, … Continue reading “Garden Zones”
- Troublemaker Plantsby #DeltonaGardensGrowing Zone 5-8 Rebecca Finneran is a garden expert, and even she was seduced by the rose campion.Finneran, a senior horticulture educator with the Michigan … Continue reading “Troublemaker Plants”
- What are the easiest and most nutritious vegetables to grow?by #DeltonaGardensQUESTION: What are the easiest and most nutritious vegetables to grow? I’m still new to gardening so I probably wouldn’t succeed with anything … What … Continue reading “What are the easiest and most nutritious vegetables to grow?”
- National Garden Club Historyby #DeltonaGardensHistory and Mission of National Garden Clubs National Garden Club Florida Federation of Garden Clubs Deep South Region Deltona Garden Club National Garden Clubs, Inc. … Continue reading “National Garden Club History”
- Garden Lingoby #DeltonaGardensIf you need a quick reference or intro to gardening terms, here’s a basic list. ANNUALS Varieties that complete their life cycle in one year … Continue reading “Garden Lingo”
- Herbal Mosquito Repellentby #DeltonaGardensMakes about 8 oz. Ingredients 4oz. organic catnip leaf extract, or make your own tincture 4oz. organic witch hazel extract 20 drops organic Atlas cedarwood essential oil 20 drops organic … Continue reading “Herbal Mosquito Repellent”
Leaf of Life -Here Are 46 Amazing Health Benefits Of The Leaf Of Life Plant
Treats Kidney stones – In case of kidney stones, give 40-50 ml decoction of the whole plant twice a day. You can also give the decoction with 500 mg shilajit and 2 gm. of honey mixed in it. Give this twice a day, it helps treat bile stone easily.
Useful in Urinary disorders – Give 5 ml juice of its leaves to the patient suffering from thirst and any disorder related to the urinary system. It is a very good and effective remedy. In the case of urine related disorder in men, give 40-60 ml of its decoction with 2 gm. honey mixed in it. Give this twice a day.
Helpful in Boils – Slightly warm its leaves and crush them. Tie it as a poultice on the affected area. It helps treat boils, redness, and swelling too.
For Hypertension – Give 5-10 drops of the extract of its aerial parts. It is beneficial in controlling blood pressure.
Curbs Leukemia – Give 5-10 drops of the extract of its aerial part, twice a day. It is beneficial in blood cancer.
For Vaginal disorders – In case of vaginal flow in women, give 40-60 ml decoction with 2 gm. honey mixed in it. Give this twice a day.
Treats Headache – Crush its leaves and apply it on the forehead. It helps treat headaches.
Aids in Eye pain – Extract the juice of its leaves and apply all around the eyes. It helps treat pain in the white part of the eyes.
Treatment for Wounds – Slightly warm the leaves and then crush them and tie on the wound. It helps the wound heal faster and also eliminates the scar.
Helps treat bleeding diarrhea – Give 3-6 gm. juice of its leaves with cumin seeds and double amount of ghee mixed in it. Give this to the patient thrice a day. It controls the blood flow in diarrhea.
Manage leucorrhoea – For women who suffer from leucorrhoea ailment, use the decoction of the leaves twice daily. It helps delay the flow of blood within the blood vessels.
Treat piles at home – Drink the extract of the leaves twice daily to get an effective remedy for piles.
Good for the liver – Leaf of life promotes the health of the liver. It can help treat jaundice fast.
Treat ear pain – Get a fast remedy for your ear pain by applying the juice of the leaves.
Help treat boils – Crush a few leaves and form a poultice. Apply this on the boils. You can use this on redness and swelling of the skin.
Helps heart health – It improves the health of the heart.
Treat colds and coughs – For common cold and coughs, the juice of the leaves along with sugar candy will help. This can help people suffering from asthma also.
Anti-inflammatory property – By applying the paste of the leaves on the place of the swelling, you can reduce it significantly.
Relieves stomach ache – If you have a stomach ache, you can get relief by having the decoction of the leaves.
Diuretic action – You can treat urinary disorders with the juice of the leaf of life. This is good for quenching excessive thirst. Drink a potion of 40-60 ml every day in the morning and evening.
Teething problems – Babies who are cutting their first teeth will have relief from the pain.
Anthelmintic action – It helps remove worms in the intestine effectively. Have the decoction of the leaves twice a day with honey.
Antipyretic property – If you have a fever, the miracle leaf will help relieve your symptoms.
Corrects dysentery – Have the leaf extract with honey to get relief from dysentery.
Helps with weight management – You can lose weight by using its leaves.
Prevents grey hair – Regular use of the miracle leaf will help prevent the greying of hair. It promotes the health of the scalp too.
Good anti-oxidant property – Make tea with the dried leaves and have it twice or thrice a day. This will help you fight free radicals better.
Helpful for diabetics – Control your diabetes with the leaves. Have the decoction twice every day and see your blood sugar levels drop significantly.
Helps treat constipation – You can get relief from your constipation by having the tea made from the dried powder of the leaves.
Purifies blood – Miracle leaf has a purifying action on the blood. It removes the toxins and helps improve your health.
Juice for chest cold – Warm 3 leaves and juice them. This should yield 2-3 tablespoon of the leaf of life juice. Add a pinch of salt. Take one tablespoon three times a day for as long as needed.
Poultice for skin ulcer, sprains, and insect stings – Grind 7 fresh leaves into a poultice. Apply the poultice evenly to the affected area. Apply a fresh poultice twice a day, morning and night, as often as needed.
Pounded leaves are applied as poultices to the soles of the feet to stop hemorrhages.
Leaves are used as topical in dislocation, ecchymosis, callosities.
It is widely used as an herbal remedy for many different types of ailments, especially bronchial conditions.
An herbal tea made from this herb is useful to treat conditions such as shortness of breath, kidney failure, menstrual problems, asthma, coughs, bronchitis, as well as a chest cold.
Crushed medicinal leaves of this herb will bring relief from insect bites, bruises, boils, and also skin ulcers.
A poultice of the crushed leaves can also be applied to the outer body for sprains, pains, as well as earaches.
Placing the back of the leaves on open sores, cuts and wounds will promote healing, stops bleeding as well as prevents infection.
Stem as well as the leaves can be placed in water and taken daily to rid the body of mucous and waste matter.
Fresh leaves of the leaf of life can also be eaten raw as a medicinal remedy for asthma, bronchitis, and intestinal problems.
Leaf extract is taken on an empty stomach for treatment of urinary bladder stones and fever in children in Arunachal Pradesh.
Cough medicine is made from the roots in Sierra Leon
Heated leaves used for swellings and abscesses in Jamaica.
It is used for rheumatoid arthritis, bruises, burns, and ulcers in China.
In the KwaZulu-Natal Province, South Africa, leaves used in combination with Opuntia stricta and Euphorbia hypericifolia to treat gonorrhea.
It also makes a very decorative addition to the garden.
The leaves can be picked and stored for days without withering.
It is grown in the garden for ornamental purposes.
Precautions – Patients under ‘Aspirin’ medication should take care to take the decoction or fresh juice of the leaf of life plant as it may interact or reduce the efficacy of Aspirin.
Leaf Of Life
Native to Madagascar, but is found throughout the world today because of its many healing properties and health benefits. It has various names such as Goethe plant, Love bush, Air plant, Cathedral bells. It is commonly called Leaf of Life in Guyana.
Courtesy of Deltona Garden Club
By Jennifer Poindexter Do you need a beautiful, unique, but low-maintenance shrub for your home? If so, you’ll be hard pressed to find a plant as …How to Grow Turk’s Cap Flowers (Malvaviscus arboreus), Explained
The Fall/Winter Harvest Seed Bank includes a collection of all the seeds you need to grow your favorite fall and winter crops.
These seeds thrive in cold weather and are extremely hardy.
You will be able to grow your own brussels sprouts, carrots, kale, broccoli, turnips, swiss chards and so much more. With over 20 popular varieties included, this seed bank is your #1 seed bank of choice for seeds that thrive in cooler temps.
- Over 6,500 seeds in total (all seeds can be saved for multiple planting seasons)
- BONUS! We’re including 25 seed starting soil pellets (so you can start your seeds indoors!)
- Seeds are individually packaged and labeled in resealable bags and then secured in a Mylar bag (provides two layers of protection from moisture and light)
Many of you expressed interest in setting up and growing a vegetable garden this summer.
Most of the vegetables do not like extreme heat. I wouldn’t recommend the mindset of traditional growing seasons if you have never grown in Florida! Planning ahead makes the difference.
Fall is perfect for all the cool weather loving starts. The daily rain works in our favor if you’d like to try growing a fall garden. Summer requires daily watering and fending off heat loving pests! Everyone deserves a break from the heat!!! So give it a try!
Remember the prices on the produce aisle? That should be motivation enough! The best part is you won’t have to worry about how or where your produce was grown.
If you aren’t really “into gardening” but like a little spice in your life, why not grow some herbs?
Herbs such as oregano, rosemary and basil are great in a planter. They also enjoy a little cool weather. The oregano plant that I have is at least 20 years old! Ah fresh herbs. Just the smell makes me hungry!
Get out there and then you can Mangia Bene! (Eat Well). Ciao (chow?) No….🤪